AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION, A CANDIDATE MUST:
1. Be a citizen of the United States.
2. Be at least 20 years and 6 months of age.
3. Have been awarded and provide proof of an Associate Degree in Law Enforcement or Police Administration or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline from an accredited college or university; Or possess four (4) years of paid full-time qualified work experience; Or possess an equivalent combination of college education and full-time paid qualified work experience.
4. Possess normal hearing, normal color vision, and normal visual functions and acuity in accordance with the Civil Service Commission approved visual acuity standard as attached.
5. Be one of the following and provide proof:
a. A Certified Michigan Police Officer; OR
b. Certifiable as a Police Officer in the State of Michigan, subject to verification or re-verification by a Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) approved training academy; OR
c. Be currently enrolled in an MCOLES approved training academy and certifiable by date of hire.
6. Be free from any physical defects, chronic diseases, organic diseases, organic or functional conditions, or mental and emotional instabilities which may tend to impair the efficient performance of duties or which might endanger the lives of others or the individual employee; and provide proof of a passing MCOLES physical fitness certificate obtained within the preceding twelve (12) months of the applicant’s interview date; and meet all other physical requirements as determined by the Civil Service Commission and a physician appointed by the City. ALL CANDIDATES MUST COMPLY. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS;
7. Possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
|POLICE OFFICER||PAY RANGE
$56,784.00 to $70,470.40