Victims of Domestic Violence

Law Enforcement Officers after intervening in a domestic dispute are required to hive the victim the following notice:

Domestic Violence Shelters in Wayne County

Interim House (Downtown) (313) 861-5300
My Sister’s Place (East side) (313) 371-3900
First Step (West side) (313) 459-5900

Information about emergency shelter, counseling services, and the legal rights of domestic violence victims is available from these resources.

You may obtain a copy of the police incident report by contacting:

Livonia Police Department
15050 Farmington Rd.
Livonia, MI 48154
(734) 466-2470

Your Legal Rights:

THE RIGHT to ask the County Prosecutor to file a criminal complaint.

THE RIGHT to go to court and file a petition requesting an injunctive order to protect you or other members of your household from domestic abuse which could include the following-

An order restraining or enjoining the abuser from:

  • Entering onto the premises
  • Assaulting, beating, molesting, or wounding you
  • Threatening to kill or physically injure you or another person
  • Removing minor children from you, unless authorized by a custody or visitation order issued by a court
  • Engaging in stalking behavior

Crime Victim’s Rights Act

Emergency and medical services may be available to crime victims.

Call for more information about:
Court process, trial and sentencing dates; and property obtained as evidence …

*Wayne County Prosecutors Office (313) 224-5800
(juvenile) (313) 224-1976
*Release of a defendant from Jail
Wayne County Sheriff’s Department (313) 224-2222

*Victim Assistance Program (313) 224-5800
*24 hr. Crisis Line (313) 224-7000

or write:

Crime Victim Compensation Board
P.O. Box 30026
Lansing, MI 48909

Print Friendly, PDF & Email